Sunday, 18 October 2009

Silence update...

So I had my second tutorial regarding the silence brief on friday and I now feel much happier with where my project is heading. I'm going to keep it quite experimental but have definitely focused my idea onto looking at people's thoughts, fears and emotions that are silent because they are in someone's head and are unknown to others and the house holding all the thoughts. Keeping with the photographs I have already taken I am going to develop this area by taking more photographs and experimenting with them - looking at old materials for example old wallpaper and newspaper and screen printing onto them. Another area discussed in my tutorial was the words to use in the photographs to represent the thoughts and fears etc. To date I have been experimenting with a poem I found called 'silent fears' and I am now going to look at writing my own thoughts of how I felt when I was in the house and looking at 'interior monologues.' I have decided to go down design route 1 creating the fold out document. I want to avoid being too cliche with the fears and old house feel and maybe be more abstract with the choice of words. I want the final outcome to be a sort of collage of silent thoughts,memories and fears. The next two weeks will be more experimenting in preparation for my big review!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment