Monday, 26 October 2009

Get out of the sketchbook...

Last week was 'wacky week' so I signed up for a tutorial with Sue. It was great to get a different opinion on my work and the direction I'm heading in. Sue was really helpful in telling me to get back to being a 'designer' and the work I like doing. I feel over the past few weeks I have been trying to be different and have kind of forgot what I like doing. She also told me to 'get out of my sketchbook' so that is what I have done! My wall is now starting to fill up with silence experiments...


I finally feel like I know where I am heading with this project and I have spent the weekend experimenting further with my photographs. In my tutorial with Clinton last Friday we discussed that I should go back to the house and take more directed photographs and also think about how I felt when I was in there. He told me to look into interior monologues - a text of thought of what is going on inside someone's head, they represent a character speaking silently to themselves and quote their inner speech. So I took a trip back to the house this time with a more focused idea. I feel much happier with the recent experiments I have produced which contain my thoughts and feelings about the house and give the work quite a personal feel. I have picked out the important words in my writing and I guess this is also a form of silence as I am choosing what people can read - physically deleting words to create an abstract piece and also crossing words out. My next stage is to continue with my experiments and begin to bring the photos together to create a more structured piece working towards a final piece. Lots more experimenting to do for my review!

No comments:

Post a Comment