In the tutorial we discussed that this stage in third year can be a time for experimentation and this is what I am hoping to do with this first brief. To try and experiment with my work and not be disheartened if it doesn't always work. I think this is going to be quite a challenge for me as I like to know the direction that I am going in and where my work is leading to but I'm going to try my hardest to be more experimental.....I have to say I am finding it quite difficult at the moment as I am not set on a specific idea but I'm trying to be open minded and I hope a brilliant idea will come to me soon...watch this space! x
Monday, 5 October 2009
First tutorial of the year...
I had my first tutorial/seminar on Friday with Clinton and we had to show our initial response to the new brief. There are 5 of us in the group and I always find it interesting to hear other people's interpretation of the briefs and it always amazes me how everyone has different ideas. I found the tutorial really helpful to discuss my ideas and get other people's views and opinions. I went to the seminar with quite a wide range of visuals that I felt depicted 'silence' and after discussing them with the group I now feel I have narrowed my ideas down. Over the next two weeks leading up to my tutorial I am going to focus on the idea of capturing a moment in time; in the eye of chaos freezing a moment in time and finding some sense of silence even when it may be chaos surrounding you - it therefore becomes a silent image and within this looking at what people are thinking....your thoughts that people never see; subconscious thoughts; irrational thoughts and memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment