Sunday, 21 March 2010

Lose control...

My panic exhibition piece - continuing my initial idea that I used for the branding I decided to develop this further incorporating type into the graphic....



Titled lose control, the piece is based upon the idea of when you panic or have a panic attack you lose control. The concentric circles used show a very regimented graphic - a series of circles equally spaced which require a sense of control - as you reach the outer edges there begins to be a build up a words (accounts of how people feel when they have a panic attack - trapped, constrained, irrational, the need to get out), gradually reaching a point of 'chaos & panic.' A tangle of words and lines, distorted and erratic...out of control.

I decided to use the quite simple colour palette as I wanted the graphic to be the main focus and feel it stands out well on the dark background. I did however use one bright accent colour on the title of the piece at the bottom of the design - highlighting the 'O' in control as it is a different typeface a much looser, script type - different to the other words...breaking the rules and possibly being out of control!

No comments:

Post a Comment