Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Silence continued...

Speaking of silence this is still an ongoing project but one I feel is very near the end and producing a final piece. I have to admit in the early stages I was finding this project really difficult, I think down to the fact that it was so open and it did require a lot of experimentation which isn't really me. Over the past few weeks and since my review I have really got into this project and have been experimental testing numerous outcomes and design styles for my final piece.

Below are a few of the final shots I have worked up and I am using in my final book;





Testing very many different layouts and book styles over the past few weeks, my final piece is a hard back book in which I have tried to convey the sense of silence in the way the book has been laid out. Taking poignant words from the interior monologue I wrote whilst in the house I have developed a book that takes you on a 'tour' through the house, cropping in on specific detail, with each image followed by a piece of text on the following page. Using single words and having white space around each image, I feel portrays the sense of silence to the viewer as they are also open to draw their own interpretation of what each image shows. I have produced a mock up of the final piece testing numerous different paper stocks and transparencies to get the correct feel of the final document. I am going to make my first hard back book tomorrow of the mock up with all the different stocks, 1. to collate all my experiments in one document and 2. to test my book making skills and get a feel of what the final book will look like so I can make the finished document next week before we break up. Wish me luck...



No comments:

Post a Comment