Wednesday, 16 December 2009

A piece of advice...


"Make the idea clear and simple, but the design surprising and beautiful." Rafael Esquer

Whilst looking through one of my design books for inspiration for my new brief I came across this quote which I think is perfect for design - the idea should be simple and easy for the viewer to understand but it should also be beautiful and attract peoples attention. I totally agree with this because sometimes I look at a great design and think "thats such a simple idea, why didn't I think of that!?" and because it is so beautifully executed it turns a simple idea into something great to look at visually. I think sometimes I try to over complicate my ideas because I think that if they are simple they aren't as good an idea, but the whole basis of a design is to get the viewer to understand straight away - it could be a billboard they are walking past and just glance at so the message needs to reach them straight away - and also make it pleasing to the eye, something I shall try to achieve with my next brief...

No comments:

Post a Comment