Monday, 30 November 2009

'& Poster'

Whilst researching creative and experimental typography for the LBi brief I am currently working on, I came across this '& Poster' designed by Conor Nolan and David Wall, designers working on print and interactive projects in Dublin, Ireland. (www.conoranddavid.com)

The image shows a typographic poster celebrating the etymology and form of the ampersand. The image is based on Helvetica Neue 75 bold, made up of 40 helium filled balloons.

This is a great example of type can be creative and experimental and doesn't just have to be a print document. This is how Kathryn and I have approached the LBi brief, trying to be more experimental and steer away from the obvious route of creating a print document, although the final piece may be print it is about the 'creativity' that has gone into making it, and ideas such as creating an installation and photographing it. There is a brief video on their website showing them making the balloon installation and how each balloon had to be precisely placed to create the overall image.





No comments:

Post a Comment