Monday, 9 November 2009

Manchester artist's book fair...

On saturday afternoon I took a trip to the Manchester Artists books fair in the Holden gallery. It was really great to see handmade work as it is not usually something that I would look at but there were some really beautiful, delicate little books. I did the book making workshop last year and found how difficult it is to get the book perfect with the folds and cuts etc so it was admiring to see work done by artists.

Sarah Morpeth's work in particular stood out to me as she produces very delicate cut out pieces and it is amazing how she can cut in such small detail. Below are some examples of her work and a couple of postacrds I bought from her...






I picked up a few business cards while I was there and it is definitely true what Graham was talking to us about as cards that were a bit different and had had more effort put into definitely caught my eye. Below are the ones I picked up, with various sizes and styles...



The work of Mary Lundquist also caught my eye mainly because of the lovely typography she uses on her books...

No comments:

Post a Comment