Saturday, 13 February 2010

Urbis has left the building...

The time has come for us to say goodbye to Urbis and I do feel this is a real shame as Urbis has always been a great place within Manchester to hold exhibitions and a place I have visited many times over the last few years.





(We did notice that our very own Mr Graham Jones was featured on the list!)


A brilliant advert - Sony Bravia (2007) - considered by D&AD as one of the best TV adverts in the world - the ground breaking Sony Bravia commercial saw an entire Glaswegian estate dramatically covered in explosive colour.
There was also an short documentary showing how the incredible commercial was made which was really interesting to watch.







(Apologies for the poor photographs I had to take them on my iphone as I am yet to buy a new camera!)

The exhibition was a retrospective on the best of the work from the past 6 years of exhibitions and it was good to see a whole range of work, a lot of which I remember seeing at past events. I have to admit I wasn't overly impressed with the exhibition, but I am glad I went to see that last ever exhibition!



Goodbye Urbis!


No comments:

Post a Comment