Ive been thinking about and designing my exhibition piece over the last couple of weeks and I am currently working on the design. Taking elements of this terms work to move off the printed page and take my typographic designs to a much larger scale. The degree show is a great chance for me to show that I can work at a larger scale still with typography so I am pushing myself to try and do this!
Looking for research reference and inspiration I was told about Why Not Associates they produce some great large scale typographic work. They are a british graphic design company who "turn their passion for design into commercial success for clients in business, government and the public sector."
They work in many different media on many types of projects, including corporate identity, digital design,motion graphics and television commercial direction, editorial design, environmental design, publishing, and public art.They work closely alongside Gordon Young, a visual artist who creates art for public spaces. They have collaborated together on a number of concepts that specifically involve typography.
This piece for Crawley Library is one of my favourite pieces - using typographic tree columns to become focal design points in the library - working the type into the environment rather than it becoming an added printed piece somewhere. The words used link to the environment as they are the library users favourite books, places and memories - the work becomes site specific to locations within the library.


Some really great inspiring typographic work!




No comments:
Post a Comment